The Consortium of Universities for Global Health (CUGH) builds interdisciplinary collaborations and facilitates the sharing of knowledge to address global health challenges. Click here for the CUGH 2017 Global Health Education Competencies Tool Kit
- Migration Methods Summer Institute – Berkeley Deadline: February 23 This summer institute will provide 8 days of training in the use and analysis of migration data at Berkeley from June 17 until June 28, 2018. It targets early career scholars (graduate students, post-docs and untenured junior faculty five years from PhD). Read more about the eligibility and the application process here.
- Health Disparities: A Time for ActionCUGH Global Health Conference 16-18 March 2018, New York, NY: Register online now or Click here for more conference information!
- Small Cities Conference 2018:Vulnerable Communities: Research, Policy, & Practice 11-12 May 2018 • Ball State University Alumni Center
- Family Medicine Global Health WorkshopWhether you’re exploring opportunities to engage in global health, preparing for your overseas experience, or seeking to broaden your clinical knowledge about global health concerns, the Global Health Workshop is the place to network, learn, and train with current and aspiring global health advocates.
September 12-15, 2018
- IAPHS – Interdisciplinary Association for Population Health Science: Social Inequalities, Biological Processes, and Policy ImplicationsIAPHS conferences feature the latest in population health science from diverse disciplines and promote exchanges about population health issues between scientists and stakeholders from policy and practice fields.
Submission Deadline: March 15, 2018
Registration Opens for IAPHS Members: April 1, 2018
Registration Opens for All: May 15, 2018
Conference: October 3-5, 2018
- International Research Collaboration on Drug Abuse and Addiction Research Deadline: May 8, 2018
- Tobacco Use and HIV in Low and Middle Income Countries (R01) Deadline: Re-issue January 2018 – rolling
- African Association for Health Professions Education and Research (R25 – Clinical Trials Not Allowed) (RFA-TW-18-001) Deadline: March 28, 2018 (LOI 30 days prior)
- Planning for Non-Communicable Diseases and Disorders Research Training Programs in Low and Middle Income Countries (D71) Deadline: March 2018; March 2019
- CDC – Advancing Public Health Research in Central America (Belize, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, Panama) RFA-GH-18-004 Deadline: March 9, 2018
- PAHO Internship and Practicum Program – Promoting Public Health’s Future Leaders Deadline: ongoing
Subscribe to the NIH Guide for Grants and Contracts – receive a weekly email with links to new and current funding announcements
Funding Agencies for Global Health Opportunities
List of free downloadable texts, educational videos and resources, and online courses in the sciences, medicine, and the humanities: https://downloadablebooksforuniversities.wordpress.com/
The textbooks on this site have been reviewed by faculty from a variety of colleges and universities, e.g., Penn State, University of Hawaii, University of Minnesota, Cal Poly, Ohio State, to name a few, and are licensed to be freely used, adapted, and distributed. They can be downloaded for no cost, or printed at low cost:
The WFPHA E-Newsletter is an electronic publication that will highlight upcoming events and news across the globe, and information about the Federation and its Members. View and subscribe here.